Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Alone.

I am surrounded by people.

And I am alone.

I am always alone, even in the company of others. Even when I am with my friends.

My depressing thoughts of isolation and solitude may result in the emotion of never fitting in. It is a feeling I often have. People will reassure me that they're there, that they are listening, that they are here for me. But I have enough experience to know that every human can connect with one another in only so many ways.... I know that no one will ever understand or know me as much as I know myself. I know that I'll never understand my friends' true motives and feelings.

It is quite common for people like me (people who don't enjoy their birthdays, people who don't like talking to anyone but those they know well, people who would rather sit in absolute silence with a book than socialize) to notice this. It is expected that deep thinkers acknowledge this.

If you really think about it, we are all alone. Every single one of us. I'm on my journey to the Elsewhere, and others are on their journey to everywhere else.

So there you have it. In my little corner of the universe, I am alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment